Information We Collect
RM collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with or to a consumer, individual or device (“personal information”). More specifically, RM has collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||No|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
Personal Information Does Not Include
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
RM Obtains the Categories of Personal Information Listed Above From the Following Categories of Sources
- Directly from consumers or their agents. For example, from conversations and discussions and from documents that RM borrowers provide to RM related to mortgage loan origination.
- Indirectly from consumers or their agents. For example, through information RM collects and obtains during the mortgage loan origination process.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (www.revolutionmortgage.com). For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From unaffiliated 3rd For example, an Appraiser or Appraisal Management Company.
Use of Personal Information
RM may use or disclose the personal information it collects for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To provide World Class Service in meeting the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide RM with personal information for RM to originate, process, underwrite and close a mortgage loan, then RM will use that information either partially or during the entire loan process life cycle.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of RM, and past, present and future RM clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, or other sale or transfer of some or all of RM assets, in which personal information held by RM is among the assets transferred.
At all times relevant, RM will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information RM collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
RM may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When RM discloses personal information for a business purpose, the recipient is required to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, RM disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
RM discloses your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorized RM to disclose your personal information.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, RM has not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Options
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents, California property owners and those contemplating or purchasing California property) with detailed rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
RM DOES NOT SELL, NOR DOES RM INTEND TO SELL, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
Access to Specific Information
You have the right to request that RM disclose certain information to you about RM’s collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once RM is in receipt of and confirms your verifiable consumer request, RM will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information RM collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information RM collected about you.
- RM’s business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom RM shared that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information RM collected about you.
- If RM disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, a list identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that RM delete any of your personal information that RM collected from you and retained, subject to certain Exceptions. Once RM receives and confirms your verifiable consumer request, RM will delete (and direct RM’s service providers to delete) your personal information from RM’s records, unless an Exception applies.
RM may not be in apposition to accommodate your request and RM may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is required by other Federal and/or State laws, statutes, regulations or rules, which may be in conflict with or supersede the CCPA, or it is necessary for RM or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which RM collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, or perform or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of RM’s ongoing business relationship with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 ).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and/or deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling RM corporate headquarters at 844.852.0055
- Visiting revolutionmortgage.com and scrolling to the bottom of the Main Landing Page and selecting the link for Legal + Privacy.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request should:
- Provide enough information that permits RM to reasonably verify you are the person about whom RM collected personal information.
- Describe your request with details that allows RM to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
RM cannot timely or accurately respond to your request or provide you with personal information if RM cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. PLEASE be advised that submitting a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with RM. RM will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
RM will use best efforts and diligently respond to a verifiable consumer request on or before 45 days of receipt. Should unusual circumstances dictate that additional time (up to 90 days) is warranted, RM will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. RM will deliver a written response by mail or electronically, at RM’s option. Any disclosures RM provides will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. RM’s response may also explain the reason(s) that RM cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
At this time and until further notice, RM does not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, malicious, repetitive, harassing in nature or manifestly unfounded. If RM determines that the request warrants a fee, RM will tell you why RM made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
RM does not and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, RM will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
RM reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
|Phone:||844-852-0055 (to ensure prompt and proper service please mention the CCPA)|
|By Mail:||Revolution Mortgage – External Audit Committee|
P.O. Box 7242
Chesterfield, MO 63006